Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 5/6/14

Welcome if you are joining in from The Simple Woman's Daybook May Edition, I’m so glad you’re here!

FOR TODAY… May 6, 2014

Outside my window...66 degrees and a little cloudy. I just got the car washed, hoping those clouds aren't bringing rain with them.

I am thinking...about losing our loved ones. Yesterday Ryan was hit with two loses at work, a co-worker's sister, and another co-worker's husband. In the evening we learned that we lost a family member as well to cancer. These days are hard, and their loss makes everyone hurt. It also brings unresolved relationships to the front of our hearts, and places a sense of urgency on finding resolution.

In the kitchen...bringing healthy lunches to work, and home cooked meals for dinner. I went to the The Queen Bee Market last weekend and picked up 5 slow cooker/crock pot mixes to try from Whatcha Got Cookin!! We are trying the Ranch Bacon Chicken over Baked Potatoes this week!

I am wearing... my The Adopt Shoppe necklace that I got at the marketplace last weekend. I am super thrilled to be wearing it! Such a blessing!

I am creating...Photo books for this year. I am using Artifact Uprising and preparing a soft cover book each month for our coffee table!

I am reading...The Nesting Place, and I am so very consumed. I read it in less than 3 days. I am completely obsessed with planning for our home, taking some of her suggestions and breathing reality into it! This is a book that speaks to my heart in so many ways! Go get it, it will bless you!

I am hoping...that my Parents return safely home from their Trip to Israel. They left last night about 9:30 on the first leg of flights, and are now somewhere between Canada and Washington State. They get here at LAX around 4. I can’t wait to squeeze their necks.


I am looking forward to... Mother’s Day with my Mom on Sunday.  Have I mentioned that she left me for the Promised Land...oh..you can read about it here.

Around the house...Continued work on our Bedroom Refresh. We have painting to finish, and lighting to hang.  We are hoping to start our final upstairs bedroom next weekend as well!

I am pondering...about how I can be a better wife to Ryan. I am working really hard on quieting my spirit so that I don’t respond in harsh ways. God is so faithful in this.

A favorite quote for today...


A few plans for the rest of the week: Tonight – Pick up my Mom and Dad, Friday – Massage and Facials Date Night, Saturday – Painting and share some time with our Friends, Sunday – Mother’s Day with my Momma!

A peek into my day...



We celebrated one of our dearest friends birthdays at the beach last Sunday! 

There is something about being at the beach with this man that equals heaven on earth for this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment