I started a new bible study this week at Church. It’s Breaking Free by Beth Moore. Our study includes video watching, scripture memorizing, and small group study.
We started with the first week’s video last night. This is my first Beth Moore study, and I am totally impressed. Her passion, her crazy zeal, the tone she uses when she says “Girlfriend….”. I feel like I have found a wonderful friend, who understands the tough stuff in my soul and knows how to help me see a new future in Christ.
A couple of things that really caught my hearts attention….
- “Freed up from our “Again” – I have made so many decisions to stop doing something that has put a void between myself and God, only to find myself in the weakness of the AGAIN. Lord, why are we dealing with this hurt and pain again?? Oh yeah because I made the decision to do this AGAIN…
- “Bathe your brain in the Word of God” – This is a saying she used a couple times. I ABSOLUTELY ADORE IT!! It’s such a wonderful word picture. I always picture my relationship with God as a heart thing. All the emotional gook of life, I had never pictured it filled with thought and skill.
- “The Fathers Glory bears much fruit” – I want to be “profoundly effective, and profoundly fruit bearing”.
- “These are the days of war – learn how to fight the good fight!” – Last night was the first time in close to 10 years that I had prayed out loud in a group of believers. All the emotion and nerves really helped me to connect to the necessity of an active walk with the Lord. Talk about Glorified Guilt trip!!
- “Nothing that we are holding on to is worth what we are giving up.”, “Anything that gets killed, needed to die.”, “Don’t be scared of what it will cost you. “ – I started this journey thinking that I wasn’t in bondage, that I was free from oppression, that I didn’t know what I would get out of this study. My eyes have been opened, and my heart is longing to be searched and purified.
I pray for a passion and vulnerability to what God is doing in my life, and in the lives of those around me.
Love ya Like Crazy