Monday, April 7, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 4/7/14

Welcome if you are joining in from April's Addition of the Simple Woman's Daybook. I’m so glad you’re here!

FOR TODAY – April 7, 2014

Outside my window...A glorious 79 degrees! I love being a California Girl

I am thinking... about planning a Sabbath Sunday for Ryan and I. I really don’t know what this will look like, or how it’s going to turn out, but the idea is really weighing on my heart. I want to take time to stop and rest in my Lord, to celebrate his creation, and the relationship I have with him.

In the kitchen...we are really working on saving money and calories by packing our lunches and eating dinner at home. This bento box rage continues to capture me. I am looking for little cookie cutters and decorations to help my addiction.

I am creating...Deco mesh wreaths, it’s becoming a bit of an obsession for me. My Mom and I are working on spring/Easter one’s tonight while Ryan has Bible Study.

I am going... to focus on creating housekeeping routines that will help me keep the house maintained, and allow me to still live life. I am so good about doing a mass cleaning before we have some kind of event, and then picking up after said event. However, I get so exhausted that I take a week or so off, and then have a disaster to deal with again. I would really like to have a clean house and picked up house everyday so I just have to do deep cleanings once a month. 

I am reading... Echoes of Eden and Orphan Justice. I have just started both of these books and I can tell they are both going to push the envelope on my comfort zone.

I am hoping...that we can get a couple of our financial tasks completed this week. This would be helpful to some stress levels.

I am looking forward to...getting our Bedroom painting done.

Around the house...we have Easter decorations up and Angel’s baseball on TV. There is a pretty enthusiastic vibe filling the air.

A favorite quote for today...


A few plans for the rest of the week: Dinner and Crafting tonight with my Mom, Work Celebration Tuesday night, Housework/Laundry/Taxes/Bills on Wednesday and Thursday, and an Angel’s Game on Friday night. This is the first home game we are attending this season!

A peek into my day...These roses are blooming in my front yard. They take my breath away, Love Love Love this pink!




6 comments:

  1. I need to sort out a housekeeping routine as well! I love your photo of the rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for the compliment on the rose! They do make me smile!

      Delete
  2. Ha! The bento box rage with cookie cutters and decorations is so me. Saving money on the food, but spending some of it on fun stuff. I totally dig it.
    Housekeeping... you just described one of my goals as well. Some things are universal.
    Enjoy the Angel's game and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      I love that I am not alone in the housekeeping forefront! We will have to compare notes on our plans/routines!

      Delete
  3. 60 degrees here on the central coast today. I love California too! I love the idea of the Bento box lunches too, but not crazy about all the prepping. Does that make me lazy? I read this one blog, A Slob Comes Clean, which is pretty funny and I can totally relate to her. I am at work 40 hours a week and most of the people who are home to clean during the day do a sad job of cleaning. However, I always hear about it. lol Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hiliary! It does not make you lazy it makes you human! I am trying to make one or two a week, in the few moments of quiet I have before I go to bed. It and when it becomes a chore, I don't do it, and we get lunches in plastic bags.
      I often joke that I really just want to be a housewife, maybe someday, but like you the 40 + hours spent outside of the home makes for some practice on time management and self discipline that I am not always good with! Heck, i have to do it at work all day! lol

      I hope all is well with you!

      Delete