Monday, September 1, 2014

Behind the Shutter Vol 1, Issue 9


August 25 - Ice Cream Conversations

This is Sonny, he is our nephew from Tennessee. He and his Uncle enjoyed heaping bowls of Thrifty's ice-cream while discussing important things like legos and trains. I grew up eating ice cream from our local Thrifty's drug store, it was the cheapest ice cream in town. And quite honestly, some of the yummiest!. Thrifty's has since been bought out by the competition, but you can still find their ice cream at some Rite-aid Stores. We made an ice cream run and ended up with quite a few different flavors. If you get a chance, try it! 



August 26 - The Pi Piti Nan Club
Welcome to the adventures of the Pi Piti Nan Club. Im still not quite sure of how it all started but I am a proud member of this illustrious club! 
This is my niece Meagann and sister in law Paige from Tennessee. They happen to be the founding members of the club, and lovingly invited me to be a part!  We visited my favorite nail salon Savvy Chic Nail Cottage, and had a great time. I have so enjoyed having their laughter and sweet smiles in our neck of the woods. 




August 27 - Whale Watching Awesomeness
My niece Summer who was out to visit us wanted to visit Sea World on their vacation out here. After Ryan and I watched Black Fish last year, we have been a bit hesitant about visiting Sea World. I lined up a trip with Captain Dave's Dolphin Safari, Ryan and I have been on multiple whale watching trips with his company and find them beyond enjoyable and wonderfully educational as well! This trip exceeded our expectations with lots of dolphins as well as blue whale sightings. 

Here is a video of our day!







August 28 - Angel Girl Fun

Of course we had to wrap our week with our visiting family by going to an Angel's game together!  This sweet girl and her red lips encourages me to no end.  She makes me want to be courageous with my smile. Some day I might work up to bright red lips, but I'm currently working my red lip gloss. Pi Piti Nan 4 Life!



August 29 - Resting with my Fur Babies

Friday found us with some down time as the family was out and about. I enjoyed spending a few quiet moments napping with these fur babies! It was a great way to end our Staycation!



August 30 - Vegas Fun
We got up early and drove to Las Vegas to meet our friends who were sharing their time share at Tahiti Village off the Vegas Strip!  We arrived to amazing burgers at Steak and Shake. Followed by some attempted nap time, secret pizza, and a dance club with fantastic 80's music! We found ourselves in front of the Las Vegas Sign at 4:30AM....I mean seriously...who does that...We Do!!! Once a year...at the most...I'm old...totally old...



August 31 - My Hero
After going to bed at 5:00 AM (Again...I'm so old)...I woke up in terribly pain at 8:30. That kind of pain that makes you writhe in bed, walk in circles, and scream into your pillow as an attempt not to wake up the other 3 adults who went to bed just 3 1/2 hours earlier a bit intoxicated. At 10:30 I finally woke up Ryan who took one look at me, and all but commanded that we head home. So we did, and he once again proved to be the most amazing husband in the world. We ended up at Urgent Care with another diagnosis of kidney stones, referrals to more doctors, and pain medicine. I was so very disappointed that we had to leave Vegas early, but so very thankful of this Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment