Monday, March 3, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 3/3/14


Welcome if your joining in on the March addition of the Simple Woman's Day Book.  

For Today - 3/3/14

Outside my window...61 Degrees and a little Cloudy. We survived California Storm Watch 2014. We had 4 days of constant Rain and Drizzle which is something our ground really needed. I’m not quite sure when we reached our saturation point, but our back yard is looking very wet!   

I am thinking...about my relationship with my God. We watched a show this weekend where a character who was a Therapist mentions that people who feel the need to control things often feel out of control on the inside. I felt a ping of guilt as I hear this. I am really struggling to connect with God and feel a bit lost in who I am and what he wants me to be doing with this life of mine. I feel like I am focusing on every little thing that I can control, which is not what I should be focusing all of my attention on.

I am thankful...for Ryan. He has taken the very best care of me over the last 7 days. This flu bug has hit me harder than past years. He has: brought food in, helped fold and put away laundry, ran errands including a 2 hour trip to the Doctor on Saturday morning, cleaned the kitchen and piles of Kleenex, and has been extra protective of me keeping me down resting for the entire weekend. He is my Hero

In the kitchen...We are getting back to our clean eating this week. We have diverted a bit with this flu bug rocking in our world, but are excited to get back on track.

I am wearing...Black Slacks, Black Sweater with Black and White top, Black Shoes, Face Makeup but no eye makeup. I came down with an Eye Infection with everything else…..

I am creating...St. Patrick’s Day Decorations!  Thank you very much Pinterest – Post to follow


I am hoping...to be well soon. This flu bug has got me just not feeling well. I am pretty over it.

I am looking forward to...My cousin’s wedding towards the end of the month. We are heading to Mesa Arizona. We are going to attend a spring training game for the Angel’s while we are in town. I can’t help but admit that I am also excited to have a yummy meal at Steak and Shake while we are there.

I am learning…to play guitar! I am three weeks into my first set of classes and I am loving it!  Finding time to practice is harder than I thought, but I am focusing on keeping it a priority

Around the house... We are continuing the work on refreshing our bedroom with paint, carpeting, and new furniture. 

A favorite quote for today...



A few plans for the rest of the week: Doctor Appointment on Tuesday, Guitar Lessons on Thursday, Date Night on Friday, Work on our Bedroom on Saturday, Day of Church and Rest on Sunday


A peek into my day...


3 comments:

  1. Oh....I can so identify with this "I am thinking...about my relationship with my God. We watched a show this weekend where a character who was a Therapist mentions that people who feel the need to control things often feel out of control on the inside. I felt a ping of guilt as I hear this. I am really struggling to connect with God and feel a bit lost in who I am and what he wants me to be doing with this life of mine. I feel like I am focusing on every little thing that I can control, which is not what I should be focusing all of my attention on." I will be praying for you this week. ((((Hugs))) Hope you feel better soon! PS. Thanks for stopping by my lil blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers! I am actually feeling a bit better today! Hoping to be on the road to recovery! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your honesty about your connection to God right now. You are not alone in this. At times we all feel this. Thanks for sharing your day and put that flu behind you.

    ReplyDelete