Monday, March 31, 2014

Things I learned in March

Joining in on What we Learned in March 

1.    That my IPhone can run out of space. I’ve had my phone for a couple years now, and was sure that it was unconquerable. Were kind of the best of friends, my phone and I. When I wasn’t able to take pictures any more….I wanted to cry. I had to make the terrible decision to delete pictures or music. Since both are linked to the ever growing “Cloud” the eternal impact wasn’t so bad, but it was still a gut wrenching experience.

2.  That I absolutely adore this Happy Song. I feel like it’s connected to my soul somehow!  It keeps my toes tapping!!






3.  Bento Boxes. Why am I just finding out about this lunch time craze? I am getting super obsessed. I just love all the creative things folks are doing with theirs! I feel a Panda Peanut Butter and Jelly bear in my future!



4.  I need to do a better job of documenting the little details of life. I’ve done a good job of taking pictures of the people, animals, and interactions that make life so wonderful, but I miss out on the little stuff that makes life tic for me. Things like my yummy breakfast sandwich, or the toy that Diesel killed recently, or the neighbors beautiful flowers that I look at just about every day when I come home. The little things are often better at representing our soul footprint.

5.  Inspired is such an interesting word.  We watched the movie “Noah”, which was advertised as being inspired by events of the Bible. The movie was fantastic from a special effects and acting perspective.  I continue to love Anthony Hopkins, and enjoyed him playing Methuselah.  Inspire is defined as “to give rise to”, and in this context I can see the events written in the Bible portrayed in the movie.  However, there was plenty of creative license used, to get us to those glorious 2 hours and 12 minutes. The added fiction certainly helped me focus on the Biblical Truth.  I wished that they had called the creator by his given name, God. I was confounded by the Watchers, and felt a sense of similarity with the Lord of the Rings character Treebeard.  I was touched with the emotions expressed by Ila (Emma Watson’s Character) knowing that she was barren.  I was impressed by the focus on the human struggles, and really made me ponder what it would have been like to be Noah, and the difficult decisions he had to make.  I’ve learned that in the midst of man’s creativity, I find the inspiration to learn God’s truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment