Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - May 25, 2009




FOR TODAY … May 26, 2009



Outside my window...Cloudy about 65 Degrees



I am thinking...about my prayer request list…We have been blessed with friends and family who open up to us in great trials in their lives. We feel honored to walk with them as we try our best to support them. These last weeks have found us helping a friend dealing with the passing of his mother, a friend who is in the advanced stages of Hepatitis C and fell recently breaking her pelvis, and lastly a dear friend who is struggling with Alcoholism. All of these situations break our hearts, and make us feel very appreciative for a God who loves, cares, and can work miracles. We know he is faithful, and in his time all things will be right.



I am thankful for...reconciliation in my family!
From the kitchen…we have been on a Cupcake tirade at our house. First Carrot Cake Cupcakes and then some vanilla ones….I think I might try to finally make some cookies this week.



I am wearing... Teal and Black Top, Black pants, Black Shoes



I am creating...a clean house. After having house guests this weekend, my home is a terrible disaster…I hope to create a haven again this week after a few hours of elbow grease…



I am going...to the market at lunch to get our food for the week.



I am reading...Wives and Daughters, The Scarlet Pimpernel, A Lady of High Regard



I am hoping...that I can find some time to rest. I am feeling extremely exhausted and a bit run down emotionally. These last couple of weeks have been filled with so many highs and lows.



I am hearing...Quiet….my new desk is away from all the hustle and bustle…It’s wonderful.



Around the house... lots of cleaning, and fluffing. I woke up this morning feeling the chaos of the weekend because my home is so messy.



One of my favorite things...my new uggs. My husband hates them, but he got them for me for my birthday. I absolutely Love them!



A few plans for the rest of the week: House Cleaning, Date Night on Friday, Dinner with some friends on Saturday.



Here is picture thought I am sharing....



My Sister in Law took me to get a Manicure and Pedicure this weekend for my birthday. We took our friend Pam with us too!


Here are our cute toes! I love being a girl!

Special Thanks and Blessings to Peggy at The Simple Woman for hosting this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment