Monday, July 7, 2014

Behind the Shutter Vol. 1, Issue 1


Monday June 30th - We are painting our third upstairs guest room. I just love the colors but boy oh boy am I sick and tired of painting. My Mom was sweet enough to join me at my house and help prep our master bedroom for carpet install later this week. I am so thankful for her, she is such a gift to me!



Tuesday July 1st - Yes its July 1st, does anyone else have a problem with this? Where has this year gone?? I spent the evening pulling blue tape off the floor in our guest room in preparation of our carpet install. Diesel thought this was great fun and ran around attacking me, Opie, or the blue tape. Silly dog!






Wednesday July 2nd - Opie is a wonderful 4 legged assistant when working from home waiting for the carpet installers to never show up. A pretty frustrating day, but I am so very thankful for the opportunity to work from home and the flexibility that allows are we work on refreshing our home.

We also ran into one of our friends who happens to live right down the street from us to pick up some fireworks for the 4th. We love having friends close, and the opportunity to support the local Elks Lodge.











Thursday July 3rd - The Carpet installers finally arrive! We had to lock our little Lion dog and his brother up. Opie likes to bark, and bark and bark, and it drives us all a little crazy!  The carpet turned out so beautifully! We are so very excited to see how all our hard work is turning out! Oh..I got my toes done in a lovely Patriotic Design! I think they are super cute, for feet of course!!!




Friday July 4th - We had a blast for our 4th of July BBQ! You can find my Planner for the event here
Lots of time spent swimming, cooking, talking, playing, and most importantly lighting fireworks off! The city we live in is one of the few left in Southern California that allow fireworks.  We look forward to the fun this brings every year. 


Saturday July 5th - We spent most of the day recovering, including this sweet boy. His poor little paws were red and swollen when we woke up and we had to put baby socks on his paws to stop him from licking. Ryan and I spent most of the day napping and resting recovering from the fun of the 4th of July. These days we don't live it up very often, and as we get older its a little harder every time to get back on our feet!








Sunday, July 6th - Was another day of rest after picking up what was the explosion of our 4th of July BBQ. I enjoyed spending most of the day tucked away in our master bedroom enjoying the new carpet and Season 1 of Revenge.  I am completely addicted to the show! The puppies helped me nap for a few minutes. Diesel has taken to sleeping on his back. It cracks me up!

We celebrated my Aunt's Birthday at the Knott's Berry Farm Chicken Restaurant which was so very yummy! Biscuits, Chicken Fried Steak, and Mashed Potatoes, the ultimate comfort food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment