Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's a Love Thing - Genesis 20:13

Genesis 20:13 - And when God had me wander from my father’s household, I said to her, ‘This is how you can show your love to me: Everywhere we go, say of me, “He is my brother.”




So…Were to Abraham and Sarah Now….

A couple things to remember:

1. Abraham is called by the Lord – Abraham hears him in his dreams

2. They travelled a lot.

3. A Pharaoh fell in love with Sarah

4. Sodom and Gomorrah are Destroyed

5. A second King has fallen in love with Sarah

Poor Poor Abraham to have such a pretty wife. The lies they weave for his security have such a costly price. Both the Egyptian Kingdom and the Kingdom of Gerar feel the sting of God’s protection of Abraham and Sarah.

The thought of calling my husband my brother, and allowing another man to court me, feels the opposite of Love to me, however God’s faithfulness and protection of their marriage truly amazes me.

Questions:

1. Why didn’t Abraham trust the Almighty God after the first go around with Pharaoh?

2. Would I be willing to follow those instructions from my husband?

3. Do I trust that God would protect my Marriage and my Husband in similar ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment