Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It’s a Love Thing – Genesis 4:1

Genesis 4:1 – Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the LORD I have brought forth a man.”


Well that’s the way start this whole thing off!

Let’s take a moment and look back to Genesis 3

1. These are the first two humans ever created.

2. Forbidden Fruit had been eaten.

3. The curse of Severe Pains of Childbirth was handed down by the almighty God.

4. Adam and Eve were tossed out of the Garden and a flaming sword stood in their path of going back.

5. The Fall of Man Kind was complete.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t hear Mr. Barry White playing in the back ground when I think about the circumstances. I really would like to ask Eve “Sweet Girl…Severe Birth Pains…are you sure that’s the direction you want to go”.

Yet, in the fallout of the first of human failures God blessed Adam and Eve with three precious gifts!

1. The ability to love each other.

2. The physical intimacy to support that Love.

3. A Son

I am amazed that those gifts are still blessings we have today after so many years living outside The Garden. Unfortunately, our Human Family has not always treated these Blessings with the respect and awe they deserve. We hear stories every day of Abusive Relationships, Broken Marriages, STD’s, Teenage Pregnancies, and Child Abuse.

I’m left with questions in my heart.

1. How can I love my husband better?

One of my current struggles is the tone of voice I use with him. In times of aggravation I can come off sounding disrespectful and uncaring. I am sure these are the times when he feels least loved. I need to work on that.

2. How can I keep that flame alive?

We need to get going to bed earlier, on purpose…with purpose. We spend our evenings zoned out watching TV and what not and when that clock hits 10:30 we head to bed, exhausted and certainly not in the mood, if you know what I mean! Wink Wink.

3. How will I someday teach my children the Blessing of loving another person and the respect that relationship deserves?

The only real answer I can come up with is Actions speak louder than words. By loving and respecting my husband, I will teach my own children the importance and value of a loving Christian Marriage. I will be an example, I will be an example, I will be an example.

What about you? Got any answers to these Questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment