Thursday, September 8, 2011

Its a Love Thing - Genesis 4:17

Genesis 4:17- Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch.


Wow..So far Love in Genesis is all about this procreation stuff!!!

I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise that the Book of Bible that speaks of God’s amazing work of creation, focuses on the continued creation of the human species.

Let’s take a look at what was happening in Genesis 4.

1. Cain and Able were Born

2. The first Farmer and Sheppard yielded their first crops and flocks on the Planet.

3. Jealousy reared its Ugly Head

4. Murder, Blood, Sin – A Son is killed.

5. Cain is cursed to wander the Earth, and is left with “a Mark”

Yet in all of this, God gives Cain a wife, a Son, and a City. The responsibility of Husband, and Father, and now City Founder.

When I look back on the sin in my life, I am grateful for the opportunities that God has continued to place in my path. For the responsibility that comes with Loving those he has placed next to me on this earth.

I am Thankful for the Mark that God has placed on my heart. The Mark of The Lord Jesus, of God’s Only Son, The Sacrifice of his life, The Ultimate Gift of Love.

Questions from the Heart:

1. How will I show the Mark on my Life?

My Actions – Reading from the Bible regularly, Actively Pursuing my Lord, Speaking Lovingly to my family and friends

2. How will I own the responsibility of Loving those around me?

Actively Look for ways to care for those around me. Weekly phone calls to Family and Friends, Birthday Cards, Patience and Kindness when others react differently than I expect.

3. How will I react when Jealousy rears its head in my heart?

Pray, Pray, Pray

No comments:

Post a Comment