Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The “Nevertheless” Life

Im Moving over some of my writing from my another blog since I am going to revamp Blue Birds Nest.

Luke 5:5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.


I love this picture. I love this story. It’s new to me, fresh this day!

It’s funny how some stories you hear time and again, and then something sparks, peaks an interest, touches your heart. You get it.

I have lots of self-centered reasons to love this story and verse.

First it happens on the sea. I love the Ocean, and Lakes, and well pretty much anything having to do with Water.

Second it has to do with fish. My love of water has often led me to a wonderful longing to interact with the creatures of the Sea.

Thirdly it speaks of a wonderfully human man full of failures and disbelief, beloved by his lord, and cherished by his Maker, yet continuously tested as he follows a living, breathing, miracle working Jesus.

You can say I totally relate to the story.

You could probably go as far as saying I may have some genealogical connect to Sweet Peter.

His words, the tone I imagine him using, and the anxiety of his heart all speak to mine.

Yet, he has a moment of clarity, the heart of a believer, and a willing soul seeking faith…NEVERTHELESS

Nevertheless is defined as despite a situation.

Nevertheless is a beautiful representation of a living faith.

I came across this Website as I was searching for some information on Photography and Scrapbooking.

I came across this post , and it captured my thoughts.

I wanted a Soul Word. It’s Almost June of 2011 and I had an intense need to connect to a Word! I wanted the direction and loyalty to use the second half of this year living the value found in a soul word.

And then I heard this verse…and Nevertheless Captured me!

Over the first part of the year, this word was in my heart, and I didn’t even know it.

My husband lost his job, Nevertheless Lord, we trust you to provide.

My Department had a complete re-organization; Nevertheless Lord, I trust your plan.

Our plan to adopt a little boy from Ukraine was ripped out of our dreams when he was adopted by another couple, Nevertheless Lord, we will keep our hearts open for other opportunities to grow our family.

My plans to lose weight have been put on the back burner due to sickness, self sabotage, and emotional and hormonal warfare, Nevertheless Lord , I know if I put my faith in you , you will help me to be healthy and care for my Physical Self.

As the year proceeds, I know that I will always have choices on how I respond to what is put in my path; Nevertheless, I will follow my Lord, because like Peter I am beloved by my Creator.

With much excitement! I have a Soul Word for the rest of this year! NEVERTHELESS

No comments:

Post a Comment