Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tunes on Thursday


This week’s installment of Tunes on Thursday is all things Country!

Below is my list of top 25 country songs per my IPhone Playlist!
 
1.       All Your Life (The Band Perry)

2.       Tough (Kellie Pickler)

3.       No Hurry (Zac Brown Band)

4.       Godspeed (Dixie Chicks)

5.       Barefoot Blue Jean Night (Jake Owen)

6.       Dirt Road Anthem (Jason Aldean)

7.       Wildflower (The Jane Dear Girls)

8.       Run (Sugerland)

9.       Even if it Breaks Your Heart (Eli Young Band)

10.   Old Alabama (Brad Paisley)

11.   Hell on Heels (Pistol Annies)

12.   Banjo (Rascal Flatts)

13.   God’s been Good to Me (Keith Urban

14.   Take a Back Road (Rodney Atkins)

15.   Stuck Like Glue (Sugarland)

16.   Country Girl (Luke Bryan)

17.   Knee Deep (Zac Brown Band)

18.   Faith when I fall (Kip Moore)

19.   Smoke a Little Smoke (Eric Church)

20.   Shakin that Tailgate (Trailer Choir)

21.   Walk in the Country (Scotty McCreery)

22.   Lover Lover (Jarron Niemann)

23.   Angel Eyes (Love and Theft)

24.   Days go By (Keith Urban)

25.   Bait a Hook (Justin Moore)

My Thoughts about this List:

1.       I find lots of love for my hubby in country music…I have a hard time making the same connection in other styles of music. “ All your Life”, “Run”, and “Stuck Like Glue” remind me almost daily of how much I love that man!!

2.       Girl Power Music…nothing better than a little country twang in songs like “Tough”, “Wildflower”, “Hell on Heels” to help me connect with my inner boot stomper.

3.       Girl Appreciation Music…not to be confused with those mentioned above, there is just something special about a cute ole country boy singing about love while strumming his guitar. Some of my personal favorites are “Country Girl” and “Angel Eyes”.

4.       Country Music about Country livin…it’s a life style that this California Girl wishes for…  “No Hurry”, “Barefoot Blue Jean Night”, “Dirt Road Anthem”, “Old Alabama”, “Banjo”,  “God’s been good to me”, “Take a Back Road”, “Knee Deep”, “Smoke a Little Smoke”, “Shakin the Tailgate”, “Walk in the Country”, and “Days go By” are often playing when I am driving home from work in bumper to bumper traffic. I play them loud and proud, often with the windows down feeling the wind on my fingertips.

5.       “Goodspeed” – A lullaby…I will sing this for my son someday…He will grow up knowing its tune…I adore this song!!

6.       “Faith when I fall” – This is a new song on my playlist…I touches my heart…grips my soul….good stuff

7.       “Lover, Lover” and “Bait a Hook”…are just guilty pleasures…their rhythms and lyrics just reside in that gooey part of me that just likes to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment