Friday, January 24, 2014

1/24/14 CY365 One Little Word Rest


This is one of the original rivets (1937) from the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. This is an award that my Dad received at work. The award represents someone who like a rivet excels and consistently holds a team together.  I love the creativity in this presentation.

Although this was received as a huge honor for my dad, one that he is proud of personally, I was not in the least bit surprised that he received it. My Dad is one of the most honest, hard working, God loving, amazingly sweet, and strong men I know. He has mad people skills, and excels at supporting, leading, and driving success both in his work life and personal life.  He has and continues to be a rivet in our family. I am so very blessed to be his daughter.

My parents leave tomorrow to head down to Mexico to help a village of local Indians continue to build their church. My Dad will be using his carpentry skills to help build a pulpit. I really can't imagine a better use of the talents God gave him!

As my parents travel to a place in this world that isn't all that safe, I find Rest in knowing that God is protecting their trip, and that he has them in is hands. If your of the praying sort, we ask for travel mercies and that every moment that they are down in Mexico is used for the Glory of God!

Check out my Introduction to Capture Your 365 and One Little Word here.

No comments:

Post a Comment