Sunday, January 5, 2014

1/5/14 CY365 One Little Word Rest


One of our key areas of focus for 2014 is to start regularly attending our Church on Sunday Morning! Surgery, moving, work, sickness, and just being tired, were all excuses that we used in 2013 as everything else came first to Church in our lives.  As we reached the holidays late last year, Ryan and I both realized how much we missed our church family and fellowship that comes from worshiping and learning within the body of Christ.

Our church Calvary Church of Santa Ana, started a new series today on Romans. During the service our Pastor Dave Mitchell, used the first verses of Romans to define what the term "The Gospel" means. Simply put, it the Death, Burial, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Focusing on this simple truth brought me Rest.  Knowing that I am a sinner and that Christ (both fully God and fully Man) sacrificed his life for my sins helps empower me on other goals that I have for this year.

Check out my Introduction to Capture Your 365 and One Little Word here

No comments:

Post a Comment