Monday, February 3, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge - Day 1 Review

Like so many other people around, part of my plans for 2014 included some health goals.

I have three main areas of focus around health.
1.    Weight Loss – I have a number in my head that I have always wanted to weigh.  Now when I say always I can actually remember thinking about this in high school, which feels like forever ago so I am okay with saying always.
2.  Diabetes Control  or Extermination – I would really like to look back and say “Remember those years that I was Diabetic”
3.  Fertility Health –Diabetes, PCOS, and Hormones are all impacted by my weight and poor eating habits.

So when a good friend mentioned a 24 Challenge by Advocare , and that she would partner with me, I thought sure…Why not!

Day 1

Fasting Blood Sugar: 336

Our Advocare Coach suggested that I skip the program’s Day 1 due to my diabetes. However since I was recovering from a day of severely bad food decision making during Superbowl Sunday, I decided that a day of fruits and vegetables couldn’t be much worse!  So I followed the Day 1 Plan.  I am also focusing on taking my diabetes medicine as prescribed. I am traditionally really terrible about taking it!

Fiber Drink - You start Day 1 with a Fiber Drink that comes with Cleanse Kit. Think a cardboard box shredded into a sawdust consistency, mixed with a pleasant citrus Lysol smell.  You mix this with water and drink. Per our coaches advice it’s easier to mix with only 4 ounces, and to drink quickly! AMEN SISTER!! I drank this as fast as I would a terrible shot of whiskey. Down the hatch!

Breakfast – Advocare Meal Replacement Shake – I choose the flavor Berry. It’s actually pretty yummy, and a pretty color pink! 1 Omega Plex  which seems to be a lot like a giant Vitamin E Supplement, however it boasts  to be  a Superior source of omega-3 fatty acids, it promotes cardiovascular health in combination with a healthy diet and exercise, it helps promote healthy metabolism, and promotes maintenance of healthy skin, hair and nails. I am only taking 1 of the suggested 2, per our Coach and my diabetes.

AM Snack –Mixed Fresh Fruit Salad

Lunch – Salad with Tomatoes and Broccoli

PM Snack – Mixed Fresh Fruit Salad

Spark Drink – I started with the Fruit Punch Flavor! It is AMAZING! I have tried multiple water enhancers over the last couple of months to keep my water intake up. This is by far the best! It also includes supplements for energy and fullness!  After drinking the Spark drink the headache I had started to diminish, and I was able to control the feeling of dread I was experiencing from not having a soda all day!

Dinner- I ate a Summer Salad from Fresh and Easy with Spinach, Lettuce, and Strawberries. I used about a ¼ of the vinaigrette to add some flavor, and did not eat the nuts or cheese that came with it.

Herbal Cleanse Pack – This is a pack of 3 pills that come with the cleanse kit. I have no idea what they are or what they do, but if they work their magic, I’ll be happy!

Water, Water, Water – 1 Gallon a Day! I’m pretty sure that’s the most water I have ever consumed in a day! I was quite productive running back and forth to the Ladies room. Who drinks that much water?? Oh wait I did!! It’s kind of torture, but it was a great opportunity to exercise some much needed self control.

I finished off my day with a long bath. This was Ryan’s idea! He is insisting that I take a bath every evening for the next 24 days if we don’t have stuff going on in the evenings! He really is a smart husband! 


Over all day 1 wasn't too bad, I never really felt terribly hungry. I did have multiple emotional moments where I felt like it was going to be the end of the world if I didn't get certain foods immediately! But I survived them, and stayed strong! Kind of proud of myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment