Saturday, February 8, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge - Day 6 Review

Day 6

Fasting Blood Sugar: 193 - at 9:45 am, after a spark drink. 

Probiotic Pill Pack and Spark – Two Probiotic pills and a spark drink!

Lunch – Chicken, Brown Rice, Asparagus

PM Snack – 2 teaspoons of Peanut Butter, 2 Hard Boiled Eggs

Dinner- Chick- Fil-a Grilled Chicken Nuggets, small fruit salad, 4 criss cut french fries, and 1 Omega Plex Supplement

Herbal Cleanse Pack – More of the Magic Pills.

Water, Water, Water – 1 gallon - at least I did 1 think right today! 


Over all Day 6 was a hot mess! I don't even have words to describe it! I woke up on the complete crabby side of life this morning.  

This challenge is teaching me a lot about my self.
1. I haven't really been hungry during this week which is a win, where I get trapped is the inability to choose crap food. Literally the thought of not being able to eat whatever craving I have almost brings me to the likes of a three year olds temper tantrum. 
2. I have great sympathy for Ryan when he has tried and will try again in the future to stop smoking. I am pretty sure the anxiety I feel is nothing close to what he feels . Its certainly given me perspective. 
3. Nothing…and I mean Nothing tastes better than a criss cut french fry from Chick Fil-a when you are craving a carb of some sort. 
4. I am much better at following through when I have food prepared and ready to go! This is a good lesson for going forward! 
5. I need to plan better for weekend days. We went to bed late, had to sleep on the couch (our new mattress was being delivered today), and I didn't prepare food ahead of time. This lead to me making some rash decisions and not working through the routine that I had been working during the week days. 
6. My body does not know what to do with Normal Blood Sugar. I had an episode where I almost passed out, hearing went wacky, vision turned into a tunnel, and my knees were a little weak. I checked my Blood Sugar and it was 125, very close to the 120 I am supposed to be under.  After eating a bit of my afternoon snack I started to feel better. I am hoping as my sugars stay lower, my body will become more comfortable running at a lower sugar level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment